February 13, 2013

Inspiring Palestine


I have been in this world not long enough that I’m still able to recall back my childhood life. Upon many things back then, one thing that I want to share about is the story of a story that had inspired me up till now in my life.

It is a story of an endless struggle.

The story of a nation.

A nation called Palestine.

Palestinian struggle has deeply rooted in my heart. They are people who all this time long had inspired me; from appreciating the daily meals that I had to the firmness of faith and never ending believe in peace and justice.

I'd been following the issue for a while.

Since primary school where my friends and I performed a theatre in commemoration of the assassination of Syeikh Ahmed Yassin in 2004, participating in donation drive for Palestinians around KL, helping in organizing charity concert for Gaza to mass demonstration in front of the US embassy in KL condemning the IDF attack on Mavi Marmara in 2010 and the latest a peaceful demonstration in front of the Israeli Consulate in Toronto in support of the GMJ.

I also had attended various talks about Palestine ranging from prolific Malaysian speakers and activists such as Dr Hadfidzi Mohd Noor, Bro Noorazman Shamsudin and Dr Syed Muhammad Haleem. Also not to forget talks from Palestinians themselves such as Sheikh Abu Bakr Al-Awida, Dr Hani from the IUG and Dr Izzedin Abuelaish. My latest talk on Palestine was by Harry Fear here in my university.

I had to make some honest says on Palestine.

From the day I heard the story of Palestinian refugees got hit by a truck to pick up fallen foods on the road, I can no longer remember when is the last time I left my plate not being completely clean and empty.

I cannot tell you how many assignments and exams that I scored just because I watched pictures and videos depicting the dire state of my brothers and sisters in Palestine.

I can also remember one time out of nowhere I got my courage to talk in front of hundreds of students in some random school to promote the charity concert that is going to be held for Palestine’s cause.

And I hundred percent believe, Palestine had inspired hundreds, thousands or maybe millions of people other than me. Indeed it really is the land of ‘barakah’. Its barakah had showered so many people in the course of history. And it will continue does.

I pray that Allah strengthen those people fighting against injustice in Palestine. May Allah keep this nation, standing strong, to keep inspiring people all over the globe.

The reason why I write this little piece of my life is for others to understand how special Palestine is in my heart. So whenever Palestine is at stake, please pardon my over-reacted actions such as being so sudden sharing infos, pictures and videos on the issue. I know out of sincerity, doing some stuffs can be an act of naivety.

But in the case of Palestine,

I always reminded myself:

“Always do at your very least, so that on that Day you can provide yourself with some proof in front of the God; the Day where only actions do the talk”.

May Allah grant victory to Palestinians and freedom fighters all around the world!

Hurriyyeh !

No comments:

Post a Comment